* Prep time 30 minutes
* cooking time 45-60 minutes
* servings should be between 6-8
This recipe is so easy. But when you make it, the family will think you are some kind of baking god.
For the crust. We make a run to the store. The $1.75 it cost to buy will save time and space.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. 9×13 deep baking pan, sprayed heavily with Pam.
- 1-2 lbs of chicken breast boiled in 2 cups of water and three bouillon cubes. After it cooks all the way through, then debone and shred it. Then set it aside.
- 2 cans of mixed vegetable drained.
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- 1 store-bought crust Mix the chicken, veggies, chicken stock, and cream of chicken soup in a large mixing bowl. Then again set it aside. With your rolling pin roll, each crust out until it has nearly doubled in size. then carefully place the crust in the bottom of the Pam sprayed pan, and add the filling. Cut the other crust into thin strips and place them one by one in a lattice direction. Bake the pot pie in the oven for 45-60 minutes until the crust is browning on top. I like to lattice mine. But you can just use the entire other crust. Just lay it across the top of it and tuck the edges inside. Be careful it will be extremely hot.