All other sermons / spiritual articles may be found here, each one denoted by the picture of a sunrise: https://simily.co/members/cvpetrere/blog/ God’s way to Heaven is explained clearly, here: https://simily.co/all-stories/cvpetrere/my-friend-died-for-me/ Here is a three part article explaining in detail Who Jesus Christ really is: https://simily.co/all-stories/non-fiction/cvpetrere/every-knee-shall-bow-to-him-part-1-3/
Why Do Bad Things Happen (For Sunday, 19 June 2022)
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
[Now pray and ask God to bless our understanding as we continue this lesson.]
Here Jesus discussed a “news” event that had recently happened at the time (continuing to mention another such event in Verses 4 and 5 in Luke 13). Jesus tells us these people who had died, whether having been killed on purpose or by accident, were no worse sinners than anyone else. He finally says that all of us can expect things like this to happen.
Maybe deepest question challenging our faith is that, if God is good, and all-powerful, why do bad things happen to good people (why does He allow it)?
• 首先我们要明白，除了小孩子（和有小孩子思想的人），没有人是好人（罗马书3:10, 23）。耶稣亲自明确说过：除了神之外，没有好人（马可福音10:18），犯罪之人最终都会去地狱（罗马书6:23，启示录20:14, 21:8）。如果我们不想去地狱，我们必须意识到，自己是罪人，并且悔改（从故意自私犯罪转向谦卑信靠耶稣为我们死了，原谅我们的罪，使徒行传10:43）。
The first thing we need to understand is except for little children (and people who have the minds of little children), no one is good (see Romans 3:10, 23). Jesus Himself specifically said no one is good but God (Mark 10:18), and that anyone who has sinned has an ultimate destination of Hell (Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:14, 21:8). If we don’t want to go to Hell, we must realize that we are sinners and repent (turn from willfully selfish sinfulness, to humbly trusting that Jesus died for us, to forgive our sins (Acts 10:43).
Those are a lot of points and a lot of Scripture references, but to sum up, no one is innocent except little children; everyone else deserves to go to Hell, and will go to Hell without accepting and trusting that Jesus died for our sins.
Everyone will protest that little children, being innocent, should not suffer, and definitely should not go to Hell. Well, the Bible tells us God agrees with this – or rather, people who think this agree with God (God was here first):
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
• 我们能看到耶稣（就是上帝）对小孩子的心，还有对伤害小孩子的人的愤怒。另一段经文：We can see the heart of Jesus (God) for little children here, besides vehemence against anyone who would hurt them. Another passage:
And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
In the passage above, notice how Jesus says “of such is the kingdom of God”. That means little children, and people who have the minds or attitudes of little children (thus trusting God), are regarded as innocent before God.
• 注意，圣经清楚说，我们只有靠着耶稣的名才能从地狱中得救（使徒行传4:12, 10:43），所以我并不是说，“像小孩一样有信念”这种态度会让人得到神的赦免，去天堂——而是说，他们必须具体信任耶稣原谅他们的罪。
Note, the Bible clearly says only by the name of Jesus can we be saved from Hell (Acts 4:12, 10:43), so I am not saying that a normal adult who has “trusting faith like a child” will be forgiven of sins and go to Heaven no matter what – they must specifically trust Jesus to forgive their sins.
• 还有一段经文表明在上帝看来，孩子是天真的（大卫王谈到了他孩子的死，会在死后见到他）：One more passage shows innocence of children to God: David discussing the death of his child, that he would see him in the afterlife:
2 Samuel 12:22
And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
To sum up: bad things do not happen to “good” people because no one is good. As for innocent people, like children, not understanding good or evil, not having the ability to choose sin or not, God counts them as innocent and saves their souls. Still, things seem to be unfair. More on this below.
• 所以，在什么年纪或什么时候人们会失去孩子的纯真？我们永远无法确切知道这一点，因为这发生在人的心中，只有上帝能看到。我们如何能确保孩子们在过了天真的年龄后不会突然死亡，然后下地狱？从他们最年幼的时候就教导他们罪和救恩（箴言22:6，提摩太后书 3:15）。
So, at what age or point do people lose innocence? We can never know this exactly, because it is something that takes place in a person’s heart and which only God can see. How can we make sure children don’t suddenly die for after they pass the age of innocence, and thus go to Hell? Teach them about sin and salvation from the youngest age (Proverbs 22:6, 2 Timothy 3:15).
What about people who don’t seem to have a chance to know about Christ? God sees all people and will reach out to help those who will accept His help:
2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
Other passages in the Bible show us the principle (God reaching out to help people who are willing to accept His help), such as Genesis 6:5-14 (God saving Noah and his family) and Genesis 19 (God saving Lot and his daughters).
However, regardless of God saving people’s souls, unfair and terrible things have always happened throughout history. The Bible describes some. Among the greatest is the death of Stephen, a man who was preaching to people to try to get their souls saved from Hell, and was then stoned to death:
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
Finally, the greatest of all unfair things was that our just and holy God, Jesus Christ, being innocent and sinless (Hebrews 7:26), suffered and died for everyone, including not only those who cared nothing for Him, but also for those who hated Him (1 Timothy 1:15, John 1:11). Thus, even if we can’t understand why a good and all-powerful God would allow terrible things to happen unfairly to people, we should realize that God allowed the same to happen to Himself – so that He could save people from suffering:
1 Peter 3:17
For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
• 那么，对这种不公平的答案是什么？圣经说，在世上为基督忍受苦难的信徒死后会得到特殊的奖赏，包括与基督一同作王掌管世界（提摩太后书2:12，启示录5:10）。有时候，如果我们受了苦难，上帝也会在现在的生活中弥补我们。除此之外，死后，上帝会弥补人们在今生所经历的不公。参见下面乞丐的故事：So what is the answer to this unfairness? The Bible says Christians who suffer for Christ on Earth will received special rewards after death including reigning on Earth as kings with Him (2 Tim. 2:12, Rev. 5:10). Sometimes God will also repay us with good now, in this life, if we suffer (2 Sam. 16:12). Besides this, after death, God will make up for the injustice that people experienced in their life. See the story of the beggar below:
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
总结：（1）上帝是善良、全能的，但糟糕的事情还是会不公平地发生在“好人”身上；（2）其实没有人是“好人”，因为所有人都犯过这样那样的罪，除了小孩子，和有小孩子思想的人；在神面前，他们被算为天真的人，如果他们死了，就会去天堂；（3）神会确定愿意接受祂帮助的人有机会听到如何让自己的罪得到赦免，死后去天堂；（4）在死后，上帝会让一切都是平等和正确的。（5）为了帮助别人，请把这节课转发给他们。无论是你认识的某个需要赎罪的人，或一个需要得到鼓励的基督徒，可能你就是上帝帮助他们的方式！Summary: (1) God is good and all-powerful, but terrible things still unfairly happen to “good” people; (2) actually no one is “good” because all people sin one way or another, except for little children and people who have the minds of little children; they are counted as innocent before God and taken to Heaven if they die; (3) God will make sure that anyone who is willing to accept His help will have a chance to hear about how to have their sins forgiven and go to Heaven; (4) God will make all things equal and right now or in the afterlife. (5) Help other people by passing this lesson along to them. Whether you know someone who needs to have their sins forgiven, or is a believer in Christ already but needs encouragement, maybe you are God’s way of helping them!
End of Sermon. Thanks for reading! Below is a concise explanation of how to make sure you’ll go to Heaven one day:
Life’s 5 Most Important Points (Heaven’s Way) ：
The Bible says in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” This means that God loves all the people in the world, and doesn’t want us to go to Hell, but rather to Heaven. How can we avoid going to Hell, and go to Heaven? There are five points to explain this. Please see below:
1. 我们世上所有的人都犯罪。在圣经里，罗马书3：23说， “因为世人都犯了罪，亏缺了神的荣耀。” 犯罪是什么意思？犯罪不仅是指做很可怕的事，比如杀人。犯罪也包括所有的坏事，比如说，撒谎。你说过谎吗？当然。谁没有？
1. Everyone in the world is a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” What is a sin? In fact, a sin is not just something big like murdering someone. Anything we do wrong is a sin, even telling a lie. Have you ever lied? Of course. Who hasn’t? The point is, we all sin.
2. 因为我们都犯了罪，所以我们死后不能进入天堂，而是必须得去地狱。其实如果我们只撒了谎，也必须得去地狱。圣经启示录21:8说，“···一切说谎话的，他们的份就在烧着硫磺的火湖里；这是第二次的死。” 这是很可怕的话，但是，告诉你这件事是为了帮助你解决这个问题。不想让你去地狱！
2. Because we’ve all sinned, none of us can get into Heaven after death, but must go to Hell. Even if we’ve just told lies, we have to go to Hell. The Bible says in Revelation 21:8, “…and all liars, shall have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” This sounds very frightening, but the reason for telling you this is to help you deal with the problem, so you can avoid Hell!
3. The good news is, that God loves everyone, and doesn’t want us to go to Hell (as we saw in John 3:16 quoted above). Since God loves everyone so much, what did He do to help us? Please continue reading the next point below:
4. 因为上帝不想让我们去地狱，所以他派他的儿子，耶稣基督，来到世上，替我们死。在圣经里，罗马书5:8说，“唯有基督在我们还做罪人的时候为我们死，神的爱就在此向我们显明了。” 我们都应该为了自己的罪，死后去地狱。但是耶稣代替我们死了，去了地狱。圣经也说 （哥林多前书15:4），耶稣在死后第三天从死里复活了。他现在活着，愿意听我们的祷告。
4. Because God doesn’t want us to go to hell, He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to the Earth to die for us. The Bible says in Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” We should all go to Hell because of our sins, but God’s Son died in our place and went to Hell for us. The Bible also says (in 1 Corinthians 15:4) that He rose again three days after dying. Now He’s alive, and willing to listen to our prayers!
5. 最后一个重点是，如果你不想去地狱，你必须（1）承认你是个罪人，悔改你的罪，然后（2）相信耶稣基督为你的罪而死，第三天复活了；（3）如果你相信的话，你也必须得接受耶稣做你唯一的神，求他原谅你的罪。这样你会得救！在圣经里，罗马书10:9说，“你若口里认主耶稣，心里信神叫他从死里复活，就必得救。” 这很简单吧！如果你想让上帝原谅你的罪，允许你死后升上天堂，你不需要去教会，不需要给钱或者别的东西，你只需要承认和悔改你的罪，相信耶稣为你死了，复活了，然后求他原谅你的罪!
你接受了耶稣吗？上帝祝福你，帮助你继续学习! 你还没有接受吗？上帝祝福你，希望有一天你会接受耶稣，之后能在天堂见到你! 上帝爱你! 我们也是。
5. The last point is that, if you don’t want to go to Hell, you must (1) admit that you are a sinner and repent of your sins (decide you want to stop sinning); then, (2) you must believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again after three days; (3) if you believe these things, you must accept Jesus to be your only God, and ask Him to forgive your sins. If you do this, you’ll be saved from Hell! The Bible says in Romans 10:9, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” It’s very simple. If you want God to forgive your sins and allow you into Heaven after death, you don’t need to go to a church, and don’t need to give money or anything else. You simply need to confess your sins and repent, believe that Jesus died for you and rose again, and then ask Him to forgive your sins!
Have you decided to accept Jesus? May God bless you, and help you to keep learning about Him! Have you not yet accepted? May God bless you, and we hope that one day you will accept Jesus, and that we will see you in Heaven!
Copyright © 2022 by Conan V. Petrere, with Chinese translation by Leah Z. Kong
The author hereby grants permission to anyone to copy and use the material above, so long as any alteration is not attributed to the author and so long as the views of the author are not misrepresented by quotes from the above text being presented out of context.
All quotations of Scripture in Chinese are from the CKJV (Chinese King James Version), available on Amazon, and published by Bible Believers of Washington, used by permission of Bible Believers of Washington. Contact information: email@example.com / (604) 576-1337.
All English quotations of Scripture are from the King James Version.Recommended1 Simily SnapPublished in