Featured Photo By: Jordan Whitt via Unsplash
It has been raining late at night for some days already. And while I am writing this, the sky sends showers of blessings to the Earth. I like it. Praise the Lord.
It has been 5-days since I fell sick after getting drenched in the rain on my way home from work. It is fun to feel the joy of simple things in life with my little Maria (inner child).
Let’s walk in the rain, Maria…
We are now sick. But, we have not an inch of regret because we did have fun. I remember how we smiled as we were walking in the rain. I feel blessed despite falling sick after that. I find rest easy. Soon enough, something nudges me.
Ego Te Baptizo, Nour…
In Latin, it meant I Baptized You…
Ego in the English language referred to as I.
And in the rain, I realized it is not about being baptized to change a religion or belief. This sentence contains deep meaning. Baptism is an act of someone submerged into the water and emerged as a renewed person. The past sins are forgiven.
But, from another angle, the Lord placed a clear sign to me through the words.
It happened when I shared with one of my trustworthy colleagues over my distraught mind one of the nights. What will happen when my dad is no longer around? Where do I stay? She replied to me as this.
“Nour, do not think about it. When such thoughts come, brush them off. Things have not happened. You do not let your mind overcome you because when you feel that way, the universe will reciprocate towards you that way. Quickly refuse such thoughts. When the time comes, there will be a solution waiting for you. Take a rest…”
Yes, I believed in spiritual life. Not just some theologies and theories being symbolic of our differences in belief systems.
The universe and human beings are all connected. And it includes the animals and nature too.
We are energy vibrations on the Earth. When we feel down, we are sending a different vibration. Someone else may be able to sense the low energy within us. And, nobody will like that. Everyone wants to be perky and in positive vibes.
We know we cannot stay afloat all the time. Sometimes we struggle. And this is where the sentence Ego Te Baptizo speaks louder as I choose to walk in the rain.
I baptized you …
- to be of a different mindset that when negativity whispers, that you may be strong enough to roar with positive affirmations to yourself
- to be thinking good of ME that I may bestow you best as I AM how a servant thinks of ME. If he thinks good, all is good. Vice versa
- to understand that no matter how good you can do things with your effort, your strength is granted by ME. Without my permission, you can’t move an inch of your nerves
- to know that nobody is an island of their own. Regardless of single or married, everyone is connected and nobody can run away from being irresponsible to one another. Because everything will return to you someday to put you back into your place
- to be of good cheer and slowly learn manners and etiquettes from one another because in every one of you there is a divinity where I dwelled in thus, make your daily transactions and interactions with one another like you are interacting with ME
- to seek help when you require help and not to be afraid of people refusing to help you after you asked. They are those who do not have the capacity and are filled with weaknesses whatever their status is in society. so do not carry everything upon yourself
The list can always be very long and exhaustive about being baptized as a form of action. It is similar to the description that Love is either a noun or a verb.
Another last thing Ego Te Baptizo ring aloud in my ears as I enjoyed being drenched in the rain.
I recalled reading one of the Medium writer’s articles, but I could not recall who exactly it was from. Here it goes:
If you make something your religion, you served only one god. That is your ego. — Medium Writer
Now, this wouldn’t be about religion per se. But, it meant, that when we stick to our strong-headed side, we will miss a lot of opportunities. Because good things come along our way, but our stubborn nature is pushing these opportunities away. Our ego.
Ego in Latin is ‘I’ in the English Language.
Not everything in life is all about us chasing our dreams and competing with the world never having enough. Not everything in life is all about our wants and desires because one of our ancestors hold our hands. Whereas in the front, someone else would grab our hands too, and mentor us forward.
Live life simply. Keep options open.
I would end this with a short conversation with one of the brothers in the French covenant.
“I was from MBS and worked up from nothing to a supervisor…you looked like a potential XXXX, sis. Keep your options open, sis….” — Edward* Not his real name*
Walk the journey, and the path will open for you gradually. Remember that it had never been about I, Me, Myself all the time. These are reasons deep enough for everyone to contemplate.
When we come to terms with ourselves, the universe comes to terms with us too. So you and I will know that every one of us is connected and related. Nature, human beings, and animals. Everything. Beware of Ego.
Another link to the featured photo above: https://unsplash.com/photos/FKBg2JNYFFc
The above article was posted on another platform with a canonical link to Simily.Recommended2 Simily SnapsPublished in