How it Works
At Simily, our goal is to help writers reach new readers and get paid in the process.
While we work to build our base of readers in these first few months, Simily will pay authors $0.02 for every unique view their stories receive per month – counting views from both paying and unpaid subscribers. This is our way of helping kickstart the money authors can make on the platform.
The more readers who experience your stories, the more you will make. Views are counted each month and payments rendered via PayPal. There is a minimum $10 payout. If you do not reach $10 in a month, your balance will roll over to the next.
Below is an example of how views correlate with monthly compensation.
Once we have enough paying readers to sustainably compensate the published authors on Simily, we will switch to a revenue sharing model wherein a percentage of all paid subscription costs are shared back with authors as royalty payments. In this model, the more paying readers who view your stories, the more you get paid. This way, we are able to get the best stories in front of readers and vice versa.
Submit your stories and once they are published, share them with the world! Remember, authors retain all copyrights and can remove their stories at any time.
- Simily accepts both fiction and nonfiction creative writing.
- All stories should be polished works free from grammatical errors.
- There is no word limit, although we recommend stories fall within a 6 to 15 minute read time. If your story is longer than the suggested length, you might consider splitting the story into chapters.
- While not required, adding a featured photo, category, and tag to your story will greatly help it to be discovered on our platform. Follow the instructions in the video below to learn how to add photos and tags to your story.
- Restricted Content: due to our agreements with Stripe as a payment processor, we are unable to publish erotica on Simily at this time. As a community, we feel strongly about offering an inclusive publishing opportunity and hope to be able to include erotic content in the future.
How to Submit a Story
Once you make an account, navigate to your profile and click ‘Submit a Story’. From there, you will be able to use our editor to enter your story.
Our platform makes it easy to highlight quotes, chapter titles, and other important text you want to stand out.
Once you are finished writing, don’t forget to select a category and add story tags! The category describes the genre of the story and you will have a list to choose from.
Tags provide additional context about your story and make it easier for readers to find.
Authors retain all copyright to their work and will be able to edit or remove posts at any time.
Featured images should measure at least 1050px by 420px and be .jpg or .png format. If you’re looking for some design help, check out Canva’s free design platform!
All submitted stories should be polished, final drafts without any grammatical errors.
If you need help with proofreading, we recommend downloading Grammarly (it’s free!), which works within our editor.
Watch the video below for the step-by-step process!