Want feedback on your story? We’ve got you covered!
We know how important feedback is to the writing process, which is why we are hosting an event dedicated to just that! This event offers writers the opportunity to gather together in small groups and workshop each other’s writing. You will leave this event with specific, developed, and curated feedback from multiple other writers.
We are so excited to offer these events to build our community and help writers hone their craft.
- Registration for this event is due by September 9th.
- This virtual workshop will take place on Thursday, September 16th from 6pm to 8pm EST.
- We will send out the Zoom link prior to the event, once we have established full participation.
- We will cap the RSVPs to ensure everyone receives adequate feedback on their work, so register early**
- The cost to participate is $45 per person.
- The entire workshop will be approximately 2 hours. This includes a brief intro, break-out room sessions, and a final group discussion.
The Agenda for the Workshop:
- Quick introduction from the Simily Team Members
- Explanation of how the breakout rooms will work and timing.
- Each person will have roughly 25 minutes to hear the reviews of their work. Once their 25 minutes are complete, we will switch to another group member.
- We have allotted extra time in the workshop in case the reviews go over time.
- A member of the Simily founding team will monitor the time.
- After all the teams have gone, a group discussion will occur at the end for writers to share their work or other work they read that they wish to share.
We will ask you to also please complete a quick survey at the end. Your success is our success, and we want to make sure these events are how you would like them to be.
What to Prepare:
- Please prepare a sample of your work that is no more than 5 pages and/or no more than 2,500 words.
- Your story should be 12 pt Times New Roman Font and double spaced.
- When we send out the Zoom link, we will also send out your group members.
- Once your group members are established, you will all send your work to each other either via Google Docs, email, Word, etc.
- As a participant, please come to the workshop having read all of your group members’ work.
- Please prepare feedback.
- We want this workshop to be constructive. Please be kind with your feedback and offer constructive feedback in an encouraging manner and tone.
**Upon registration, you will receive an email to submit your story. Stories must be submitted by September 9th.** Failure to submit stories in time could result in the inability to attend the event.
Money-back guarantee! If for any reason you are unsatisfied, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund.
Interested in this event but can’t join the date? Send us an email at email@example.com.