Introduce Yourself Here!

• Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by TzeLin Sam on December 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Hello, I am Lin from Malaysia. I like music and writing (obviously). I am from Medium originally and read about Simily from one of the Medium articles. It’s my 3rd day here and things are looking good so far. Now it’s your turn to tell us a little bit about yourself.

Fabio Turel replied 2 years, 2 months ago 17 Members · 36 Replies
  • 36 Replies
  • Sebastian Alonso

December 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Hey Lin, I’m Sebastian. I too love writing and hope to make it a full-time career one of these days. I especially love getting feedback and criticism on my stories and helping others with there’s so if you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of I’m your man. I look forward to reading your work.

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
      December 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Hey Sebastian! Thank you for joining us. I’ve just read your story about the ancestral letter. I hope that you’ll be able to be a full time writer one day.

• Kayla Begin

December 23, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Hey Lin! I’m Kayla and I’m a senior in college at the University of Maine at Farmington, where I’m pursuing a Creative Writing degree. Look forward to chatting with you 🙂

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    December 23, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Hey Kayla! Thanks for joining us. That sounds like a great program that you are enrolled in. Looking forward to chatting with you too. Feel free to create a thread of your own here.

• Marie Therese

December 25, 2021 at 11:05 am

Hi, I’m Therese. I’ve started with academic writing, and then I just went with the flow and found myself here. I’m studying Psychology, so writing helps with it, and vice versa. Nice to meet you 😀

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    December 25, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Hi Therese! Thank you for joining us. I look forward to reading more articles from you. Psychology sounds like a challenging field!

• Pauline Evanosky

December 26, 2021 at 11:27 am

Hi Lin. I seem to have followed you from Medium! I’m a channel and take great delight in talking to Folk in Spirit. I look forward to reading what people are writing at Simily and in learning what the ins and outs are here at Simily.

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    December 26, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Hey Pauline! You’re right. We have been following each other. I guess Medium algorithm messes things up that I never get to read much of your posts. Will do so later. I’m not entirely sure what people are posting on Simily too as I have just been reposting my Medium content. The main reason is because I am not eligible for the MPP so hopefully I can be somewhat compensated on Simily. It’s still very new though and I notice that the site isn’t very active. But let’s hope for the best. It’s very nice to meet you here. 🙂

• Graciela Sills

December 26, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Hi, I’m Graciela. I joined Simily a couple of weeks ago, and I just posted my third story here (http://simily.co/all-stories/pencilvania_avenue/a-pitch-in-time/). Most of my writing has a comedic element to it, but I like to dabble in all sorts of genres.

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    December 27, 2021 at 3:09 am

Hi Graciela! Welcome! Thank you for posting your story and wishing you success on Simily.

• Melissa Powers

December 28, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Melissa and I joined Simily just yesterday. I’ve been writing for most of my life, but just recently, I’ve decided to share my work. I love creating my own stories with their unique worlds and characters.

Besides writing, I love watching/reading historical fiction. I also love history in general, especially the WWII era, which is a time period that I visit in my short story Collide that I just posted.

My hope on being on this site is to continue to grow in my writing and talk to fellow writers.

Thanks again, Lin, for inviting me to join this group.

If you’d like to check out my short story Collide, my username is @mpowers3. I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    December 29, 2021 at 4:06 am

Hi Melissa! You are most welcome. It’s great to have you here. I’ve read the first chapter of Collide. So good so far. I have always liked time travel stories! I can’t wait to read the rest of the chapter. Very interesting concept!

• Melissa Powers

December 29, 2021 at 11:28 am

Hi Lin,

Thank You for taking the time to read my work, I really appreciate the feedback. Yeah, time travel is a great sub-genre to write for and it opens the door to some cool plots.

• Bimsara Jayanath

January 1, 2022 at 3:29 am

Hello Lin, and everyone! I’m a fresh graduate in quantity surveying and I’m from Sri Lanka. I just discovered this platform and I hope to get to know all of you!

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    January 1, 2022 at 6:23 am

Welcome to Hangout on Simily, Bimsara! Happy new year 🙂

• Ryan Saladino

January 3, 2022 at 10:26 am

Happy new year everyone! I’m Ryan, I love writing fiction and I’ve been doing it practically my whole life! Discovered Simily recently and so far it’s a pretty great place to get my work out there. Here’s a link to one of my latest stories: http://simily.co/all-stories/fiction/ryansaladino/the-prince-from-beauty-and-the-beast-the-one-whos-cursed-to-live-a-life-he-can-never-escape-from-god-that-must-really-suck/

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to using this site more and more!

• TzeLin Sam

Organizer
    January 4, 2022 at 5:18 am

Happy new year, Ryan! I’ve just read your story and will leave a comment on your profile 🙂

Page 1 of 3