Introduce your writing

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
    January 21, 2022 at 11:02 am

I write a little bit of everything. My first love is poetry, and I’ve written a lot of it, especially to process grief and loss. I lost my second baby, a girl about halfway through my pregnancy from sepsis. That’s when I first started sharing my writing, poetry, at first through Instagram and later through Medium and other platforms.

I also write fiction (especially speculative fiction, aka Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Fantasy, etc.) and non-fiction. When it comes to non-fiction I enjoy writing about feminism, literature, politics, social justice, science, future etc. I like to explore a variety of topics through writing, and really the sky is the limit!

I am currently working on a Sci-Fi novel and a collection of poems on baby loss that I hope to complete this year.

• Jacinta Palmer

February 15, 2022 at 10:43 am

I write fiction that has romanticism in it – both sentimental and falling in love. I also like to include suspense and supernatural in my fiction. I hope to befriend writers who stretch my mind and my experience. I hope to befriend writers who stretch my mind and my experience. This is a new pen name for me, a way of segregating my work away from another genre.

When I read, I enjoy YA novels which venture into magical, mythical and supernatural topics, these have inspired me to try my hand at serialised fiction set in a faery realm.

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
      February 22, 2022 at 6:52 pm

I love a good romance and also enjoy the supernatural.

• janice Macdonald

February 22, 2022 at 4:33 am

I just made a comment on this group about the lack of interaction and participation. Perhaps I should have looked over here first. Anyway, I write non-fiction–mostly partial chapters and scenes from a memoir about moving to France in my late 60’s and how it’s all working out.

But I joined Simily because I thought it might be a better place to publish fiction–to date, I’ve posted one chapter of a novel, a coming of age story based in Washington state shortly after the end of WW2.

I’d love feedback and am very willing to provide it. I’ve published nine novels with Harlequin and taught fiction writing at a community college in Port Angeles, WA.

I’m looking forward to hearing from others on this platform.

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
      February 22, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I think it’s a great place to publish fiction! And that sounds like quite an adventure! Parlez-vous français?”

• janice Macdonald

February 23, 2022 at 8:08 am

Oui, mais pas bien. . .

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
          February 25, 2022 at 6:10 pm

I’m the same. I moved to Montreal 3.5 years ago. I understand better than I can produce!

• Jacinta Palmer

February 24, 2022 at 8:58 am

Wow Julia, you sound very proficient. I hope to get a chance to look at your fiction this week. Nice to ‘virtually’ meet you 🙂

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
        February 25, 2022 at 6:10 pm

Nice to meet you here too!

• Logan Silkwood

April 17, 2022 at 10:22 am

It sounds like you have a lot of valuable experience as a writer. I look forward to reading your work! 🙂

• janice Macdonald

March 18, 2022 at 5:25 am

Haven’t visited for a couple of weeks–but I’m back, having a look around. I wrote a piece on Medium about how an idea for a book, based on coming to the States as a teenager, ended up as a Harlequin novel. The first of eight more for Harlequin. Since I joined Simily mostly to post fiction and related pieces, I’ve also posted it here.

• Denisa Feathers

March 29, 2022 at 4:24 am

I write both non-fiction and fiction. My fiction writing is generally all over the place, however, I do specialize in certain categories for non-fiction: relationships, self-improvement, lifestyle, books, language learning, travel.

I’ve heard about Simily on Medium and thought I’d give it a try. Just republished my first article, yay!

• Logan Silkwood

April 17, 2022 at 10:32 am

As a polyamorous, queer non-binary trans man, I tend to write for others in the LGBTQ+ community and for allies who are interested in seeing a window into our worlds. I want to offer some of the representation in writing that I’ve been missing throughout my life.

Though I love writing on the Medium and publish there frequently under the same pen name, I wanted to test out this space as a place to write flash fiction and maybe some poetry. If I find that this is a space where I can get some feedback for that work, then I will absolutely join and become a more avid reader of others’ work here.

• Julia Marsiglio

Organizer
      April 28, 2022 at 11:38 am

Love this! Right now, more than ever, we need LGBTQ+ representation in literature. Especially transgender writers because of the political situation in many places. Thanks for writing that perspective!

• Logan Silkwood

April 28, 2022 at 1:19 pm

🏳️‍⚧️💙💙💙🏳️‍⚧️