Moving to Simily From Other Platforms

• Moving to Simily From Other Platforms

Posted by Tonya Moore on December 6, 2021 at 1:22 pm

I decided to try moving all of the poetry and short fiction that I have posted on Medium and my website, and various other places to see how well–if at all–they perform on Simily.

Is anyone else giving this a try? If so, how is it working out for you so far?

Indiana Wilde replied 1 year, 10 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • April Douglas

December 7, 2021 at 12:03 am

I’ve been doing the same thing. Slowly, because I’m kind of ridiculous about editing, but it’s getting up!

I haven’t gotten a ton of views yet, but I haven’t really pushed for them either.

Overall, I love the premise, and I’m really excited to be getting in on it early!

• Olga Makarova

December 7, 2021 at 3:59 pm

I’m trying the same. It was awesome before the algorithm change. Now, there are no new reads at all. Sad 🙁

• Indiana Wilde

June 25, 2022 at 10:52 am

If possible could you please elaborate on this? I returned from a hiatus because of my exams.

• TzeLin Sam

December 23, 2021 at 10:52 am

I am doing the same as I am not earning anything in Medium as my country is not in the eligible list for their partner program. I wonder though, has anyone been paid by Simily yet? I know that this website is still quite new.

• Pam Reeder

January 15, 2022 at 10:00 am

I’m doing same. I’m intrigued by this platform because the subscription is less than Vocal, tiny bit more than Medium so it is reasonably priced. It has the approval process that Vocal has, the tagging system of Medium and the onsite groups of FB. AND the reads pay more that either Vocal or Medium from what I’m reading. Yes, readers have to be subscribed so it is like Medium in that regard whereas Vocal pays for all reads. But $6 per 1,000 reads versus $20 per 1,000 reads is quite a jump. And you’re paying only $6.99 month to get the $20 whereas you’re paying $9.99 month on Vocal.

Another nice thing I’m seeing is that a writer can roll their stories back to draft or delete their stories at any time – whereas on Vocal you have to request Support to roll a story back to draft before you can delete it. On Medium I have only found the ability to “unlist” a story – not unpublish.

I haven’t done it but as I understand it, Medium does have a way to download all your work in a zip folder like you can on Facebook. Vocal has no such ability.

So, yes, I’m very excited to be here and going to start publishing stuff over the weekend.

• Indiana Wilde

June 25, 2022 at 10:50 am

I’m moving my Poetry from Miraquill to Simily. Initially my exams were going on so I was just able to move like one. Now I have a lot of free time so I’ll be moving most of it…maybe all of it because Miquill does not have a payment system. But I do have a fair following on Miraquill as well so that would serve as increasing some traffic here.